Chemist / Researcher (m/f), Code OB-CC-01
Laimburg Research Centre is the leading agricultural research institute in South Tyrol (Italy). By conducting basic as well as applied research we strive to provide rapid solutions to emerging agricultural problems and to develop sustainable strategies for the future.
For the project “Monitoring chlorophyll and its breakdown products as non-destructive tool for the precise prediction of apple postharvest quality”, Laimburg Research Centre is recruiting one motivated
Chemist / Researcher (m/f)
Main tasks include chemical analyses of chlorophyll content and chlorophyll catabolites in apple skin with UV-VIS and HPLC-DAD/FLD, isolation and characterization of chlorophyll breakdown products by mass spectrometry and correlation of results from wet chemical analysis with spectra achieved by nondestructive techniques.
Profile of requirements
Requirements necessary for participation:
- University degree (Master) in Chemistry or similar
- Good knowledge of Italian or German
The following additional competence will be considered an advantage:
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (can be evaluated during the interview)
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry, liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Relevant experience in the field of chlorophyll catabolites chemistry and relevant publications
- Experience in separation techniques (HPLC-DAD/FLD) and mass spectrometry (MS)
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Candidates should be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess good team-working skills
Duration: 24 months with preferably start of work on August 2018
Applications must arrive by and not later than July 30, 2018 – 12.00 am
Laboratory for Flavours and Metabolites at NOI Techpark Bolzano/Bozen (with short stay at Laimburg Research Centre, Vadena/Pfatten)
To apply please send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting in the title of the relevant reference code of the position and including:
- letter of motivation (including a brief description of research interests, personal experiences, motivations an earliest date to start with the job)
- complete Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months), letter(s) of recommendation and publication list,
- the curriculum must include the following phrase, otherwise the candidature will not be taken into consideration: “I agree to the handling of my personal data in accordance with EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679”.
- the copy of a valid identity ID (it must always be enclosed, unless the application is submitted personally by the applicant).
It is a full-time position at Laimburg Research Centre. Classification is based on the category " employee" according to the Agricultural collective agreement. The general rules for temporary jobs at the Laimburg Research Centre are described in the framework call, available at http://www.laimburg.it/de/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp.
Within a period of 12 months after closure of the selection process, suitable candidate(s) can be hired for other positions, depending on demand and availability of additional position(s).
General requirements for admission to the proceedings:
- full possession of the political and civil rights
- full possession of the legal conditions and permits which allow an employment relationship in Italy
- no criminal convictions or legal proceedings for criminal offences
- to consent to the processing of the personal data in accordance with decree 196/2003 by the Laimburg Research Centre.
For further information, please refer to our website www.laimburg.it or contact Dr. Peter Robatscher email@example.com
Equal opportunities: The position is open to both genders, Law n. 903, 9/12/1977, art. 1. The policy and practice of the Laimburg Research Centre require that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment.
Data treatment: All data supplied by applicants will be used only for the purposes of determining their suitability for the position and will be held in accordance with the principles of the Personal Data Protection Code, Legislative Decree no. 196 of 30 June 2003 and EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679. By sending the CV and application, the candidate will consent and authorize the Laimburg Research Centre to the use of his/her personal data. The candidate takes full responsibility for all the information included in the application form and curriculum vitae. Laimburg Research Centre reserves the right to request documentary proof of the qualifications listed by the candidate considered suitable for the post offered.