Researcher/Scientist (f/m) - Code ApB.19-RL-02.4
The Laimburg Research Centre is the leading research institute for agriculture and food quality in South Tyrol (Italy). We operate mainly in applied research with the aim of increasing the competitiveness and sustainability of South Tyrolean agriculture and of ensuring the quality of agricultural products.
For the research project “Action Plan 2016-2022 for research and education in the field of mountain agriculture and food science” (approved by the resolution of the Provincial Government No. 1016 of 01/09/2015), the working group “Laboratory for Residues and Contaminants” is looking for a highly motivated
Main tasks include chemical analyses of residues (pesticides) and contaminants in food and plant material with LC-MS and GC-MS, method validation, accreditation ISO 17025, analysis report, support of the ongoing and future activities and projects within the Laboratory for Residues and Contaminants.
- MSc in Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Pharmacy or similar (completed university studies of at least four years attested by a diploma)
- Fluent in German or Italian - can be evaluated during the interview
Desired additional competences:
- Relevant PhD, Post-Doc, work experience and publications in the field of pesticides and residues analysis
- Knowledge in analytical chemistry
- Experience in separation techniques, in particular LC-MS and GC-MS, for the quantification of pesticides in food and agricultural samples
- Knowledge of ISO 17025
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Fluent in the second language (Italian or German) - can be evaluated during the interview
- Good communication skills in oral and written English - can be evaluated during the interview
- Candidates should be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess good team-working skills
Contract duration: until 31.12.2020, full time
Applications must arrive by and not later than November 13th, 2019 – 12.00 am
We look forward to receiving your application including letter of motivation, Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months), attestation(s) of professional experience and publication list. Please quote the reference code of the position, indicate the earliest date you could start if appointed and send your application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application must include a copy of a valid identity ID, unless the application is submitted personally by the applicant.
Please note: If the Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months, please indicate the date) and a valid ID are not submitted within the application deadline stated above, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
It is a full-time position at Laimburg Research Centre. Your regular place of work will be Laimburg Research Centre in Pfatten/Vadena. Classification is based on the category " employee" according to the Agricultural collective agreement. The general rules for temporary jobs at the Laimburg Research Centre are described in the framework call, available at http://www.laimburg.it/de/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp.
General requirements for admission to the proceedings:
- full possession of the political and civil rights
- full possession of the legal conditions and permits which allow an employment relationship in Italy
- no criminal convictions or legal proceedings for criminal offences
For more information please visit our homepage www.laimburg.it or contact us by mail: Dr. Andrea Lentola, email email@example.com , Phone n. +39 0471 969 570.
Equal opportunities: According to Law n. 903, 9/12/1977, art. 1, the position is open to both genders. The policy and practice of Laimburg Research Centre require that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment.
Data treatment: The subject responsible for data treatment is Laimburg Research Centre, which will process the data through computer and paper-based systems for the purposes of recruitment. The data protection officer of Laimburg Research Centre can be contacted by e-mail (PEC) firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone, +39 0471 920 141. At the beginning of the procedure, personal data are processed exclusively by the staff authorized by Laimburg Research Centre. All informations are available on the website of Laimburg Research Centre, section “Transparent Administration / human resources” (http://www.laimburg.it/en/transparente-verwaltung/personal2.asp ).