NMR-Specialist (f/m) - Code 3.21-Lmq-01.14
The Laimburg Research Centre is the leading research institute for agriculture and food quality in South Tyrol (Italy). We operate mainly in applied research with the aim of increasing the competitiveness and sustainability of South Tyrolean agriculture and of ensuring the quality of agricultural products.
The research area “Food chemistry” of the Laimburg Research Centre is looking for a motivated:
NMR-Specialist (f/m) - Code 3.21-Lmq-01.14
The areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Head of the Laboratory for NMR Spectroscopy
- Research projects in collaboration with other working groups from the Laimburg Research Centre and in collaboration with the Free University of Bolzano in the field of food authenticity, food traceability and plant metabolomics with NMR, including structure elucidation of unknown compounds
- Data elaboration (chemometrics, qNMR, interpretation of spectra) and publications
- NMR experiments for companies and introduction to students and other operators to the instruments
- Routine NMR maintenance (refill of liquid nitrogen, others)
The NMR facility is located at NOI Techpark Südtirol/Alto Adige in Bozen/Bolzano (Italy) and is equipped with two NMR instruments (600 MHz and 400 MHz). The facility is operated jointly by the Free University of Bolzano and Laimburg Research Centre. The present position is assigned to the Laimburg Research Centre.
- Completed university studies of at least four years attested by a diploma in chemistry, physics, pharmacy, biotechnology, natural science or similar.
- Knowledge of Italian or German (will be evaluated during the interview)
Desired additional competences:
- Experience with NMR instrumentation
- PhD dealing with NMR
- Publication record with particular focus on the application of NMR
- Experience with solid state NMR
- Chemometrics and data analysis
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English - can be evaluated during the interview
- Good knowledge of the second language (German or Italian) - can be evaluated during the interview
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Candidates should be highly motivated, able to work independently and possess good team-working skills
Workplace: Laboratory for NMR Spectroscopy (c/o NOI Techpark in Bozen/Bolzano - Italy)
Contract duration: 36 months, full time
Applications must arrive by and not later than October 15th, 2021 – 12.00 a.m.
We look forward to receiving your application including:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months)
- Copy of a valid identity card
- letter(s) of recommendation
- publication list.
Please quote the title of the relevant reference code of the position, indicate the earliest date you could start if appointed and send your application by e-mail to email@example.com.
Attention: please be sure that the submitted documents do not contain data belonging to the special categories of personal data as referred to in art. 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation N. 679/2016 (for example data concerning health, data revealing religious beliefs).
Your application must always include a copy of a valid identity ID, unless the application is submitted personally by the applicant.
Please note: If the Curriculum Vitae (signed and not older than 6 months, please indicate the date) and a valid ID are not submitted within the application deadline stated above, the application cannot be taken into consideration.
They are full-time positions at Laimburg Research Centre. The regular place of work will be the NOI Techpark in Bolzano/Bozen (Italy). Classification is based on the category " employee" according to the Agricultural collective agreement.
The general rule for temporary jobs at the Laimburg Research Centre are described in the framework call, available at Informativa_procedura_di_selezione(4).pdf (laimburg.it) (DE) and Informativa_procedura_di_selezione(3).pdf (laimburg.it) (IT).
A ranking list will be published at the end of the selection procedure.
General requirements for admission to the proceedings:
- full possession of the political and civil rights
- full possession of the legal conditions and permits allowing an employment relationship in Italy
- no criminal convictions or legal proceedings for criminal offences, which are incompatible with employment at the Laimburg Research Centre.
For more information, please visit our homepage www.laimburg.it or contact us: Peter Robatscher, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Phone n. +39 0471 414842.
Equal opportunities and protected categories: According to Law n. 903, 9/12/1977, art. 1, the position is open to both genders. The policy and practice of Laimburg Research Centre require that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment. The procedure is published in accordance with the provisions of Law No 68 of 12 March 1999, as subsequently amended (Rules on the right to work of the disabled and other protected categories).
Data treatment: The subject responsible for data treatment is Laimburg Research Centre, which will process the data through computer and paper-based systems for the purposes of recruitment. The data protection officer of Laimburg Research Centre can be contacted by e-mail Privacy@laimburg.it or by telephone, +39 0471 969-519. At the beginning of the procedure, personal data are processed exclusively by the staff authorized by Laimburg Research Centre. All informations are available on the website of Laimburg Research Centre, section “Transparent Administration / human resources” (Informativa_procedura_di_selezione(3).pdf (laimburg.it) ).