Soil, Fertilisation, Irrigation
Availability of light, water and mineral nutrients are important factors that affect the capacity and productivity of any given crop. A balanced supply of water and mineral nutrients is not only necessary to produce high-quality fruit, but also crucial for protecting the environment.
- Field trials using various irrigation systems and intensities
- Research into the efficacy of various foliar fertilisers and their side effects
- Testing of the influence of nitrogen application rates and of different fertilization periods on yield, fruit quality and nitrogen uptake
- Testing of the effect of reflective foils on light availability
- Investigation into the effects of shade created by hail netting
- Testing of new protective measures against spring frost