The Department of Viticulture supports and promotes wine-growing in South Tyrol through applied research activity. One focus of the department is to maintain and improve grape and wine quality. Another main objective is the considerate use of land and water, and respect for the environment as a whole. Finally, the department aims to develop straightforward, time- and cost-effective methods of wine cultivation.
Research focuses on the following topics:
- Testing and selection of clones
- Analysis of varieties and rootstocks
- Impact of cultivation techniques and farming methods on grape and wine quality
- Physiological disorders of grapevines such as stem necrosis and berry wilting
- Terroir studies for different grape varieties
- Vineyard management.
- Dott. Agr. Barbara Raifer
Tel.: +39 0471 969616
Fax: +39 0471 969599